Friday, July 15, 2011

High Horses

Okay, so I'm beginning to lose patience with people who are "advocates" these days. I mean, okay, yes it is nice to see more advocates for everything out there that needs it, but these freaking elitist advocates really piss me off. I mean seriously, here we are trying to encourage knowledge to help further our causes and the advocates on their high horses undo everything we're trying to do.

Case in point. Intactivists (And the reason I don't associate with the biggest advocates). They expect all of their members who have circ'd boys to be "sorry" for it. To feel deep remorse because we've "ruined" our kids chances at being "intact and normal". Sorry, folks. I'm not sorry. Parents CAN NOT go around feeling sorry for their past deeds. I am not about to live with guilt for a choice I made. I was as informed as I could have been, I was as educated as I could have been, and I made the choice I felt was right. So should I spend my life regretting doing my best?

No.

And for this reason I quit being an active member of these groups. They want you to say you screwed up. Sorry. Even if I were to make a different choice today, I will not be sorry for doing my best in the past. And don't make me tell you if I'd make the same choice today. Am I in the situation right now? No. I'm sorry, no one but me knows everything about my situation, and I'm not going to deal with "what ifs" that have no purpose. I have no idea what I would do today if I were given the choice to circ or not. And anyone that tells you they do know is bullshitting you. Life isn't that simple.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment